Help Please!!! Cake Due Any Minute

Decorating By starcitycakes Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm by starcitycakes

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 7

I know this is asking a lot. But I have a cake due in less than 2 hours. I'm only gonna have 45 minutes to do any fixing. ANYWAYS, It is a 4 layer 2 teired cake with zebra print and pink and all that girly stuff. The lady JUST called and informed me that they want to take the cake to the resturant with them. I DID NOT prepare for this. It will be a 45 minute drive from where we are. I did put two dowels all the way through the cake and also put some in to support the top teir. But for some reason it started to lean last night so I threw it in the fridge and left it. It has been in there for about 12 hours. Will it be ok? What do I need to do to be sure? Or am I at a total loss and ask them not to take it????

6 replies
PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 7

Has it leaned any more since you put it in the fridge?? The cold should help keep it sturdy for the trip. How many dowels did you put in to support the top tier??

queenfa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenfa Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 7

The leaning is the problem that i see and I don't believe there is much you can do no if they are already on the way to pick it up.leave the dowels.it is a tiered cake tell them to be carefull and find a solid box to carry it in .pray for the best.Is this WASC recipe?
Let us know what happens good luck.

starcitycakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 7

No it hasn't leaned anymore. It feels pretty solid. I put in 6 to support the top (its an 8") And I put in 2 all the way through. I could add a couple of more all the way through. I'm gonna keep it in the fridge untill she gets here and then I'll ask her to keep it in the fridge till they leave.

Queenfa...it's not WASC. It is a box mix that I added too. I've been using this because my scratch cakes are TERRIBLE icon_biggrin.gif They are pretty sturdy.

This is the first time this has happened. Maybe due to the fact that she called me at 10 PM on TUESDAY NIGHT and asked for a cake to be ready by 2:45 on THURSDAY!! I may have rushed things with this one. But I think it will be ok now.

Thank ya'll!!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 7

It sounds like you have plenty of support. If you add more dowels you may risk damaging the cake more. I would leave it alone.

Stephi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephi1 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 7

I have my fingers crossed for you!! Just relax, I am sure everything will be fine.

starcitycakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 7

Alrighty...just sent it out the door and PRAYING it makes it there. I told her I had kept it in the fridge until 30 mins before she got there...she was early. She says she's gonna keep the AC on FULL BLAST. I really hope it makes it. And amongst all the craziness...I didnt get a picture icon_sad.gif Oh well. I know it looked good. LOL. So...it's back to work for a while and then back home to start on yet ANOTHER cake. 1 down 3 to go...LOL I love this hobby.. thank you everyone for your responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%