If The Party Starts At 11 Am?

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm by bbmom

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake next weekend for a baby shower. The person I am making the cake for always said in the afternoon. Today she bring the invitation in to work and it is at 11 am. I was going to decorate the cake the day of the shower but now I am not sure. I do not want to be rushed so should I decorate it the night before and all I have to do is the delivery in the morning?

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

Definitely. I always make sure my cakes are finished, or mostly finished, the night before. I don't like last minute surprises and waiting til the last minute is sure to summon those surprises. icon_smile.gif

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 5

I usually make the cake two days before, night before I decorate, deliver the following. But it also depends on how big and number of cakes. More cakes....i bake sooner.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

Me too! I always try to finish the night before the cake is due just in case there is a disaster! It minimizes my stress level. Also, I'm a night owl, so I'd much rather stay up 'til 3 a.m. than get up at 3 a.m.!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 5

I usually bake wed or thur for a sat cake, crumb coat and frost the next day, decorate the night before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%