Indydebi In Redbook Magazine

Decorating By StarbucksAddict Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm by foodguy

StarbucksAddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarbucksAddict Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 14

Someone is famous icon_lol.gif In the August 2009 edition of Redbook magazine, page 56, a "Red in the Face" moment, someone retells her "oops" moment of accidentally cutting up the bride's toss bouquet to use on the cake.

Anyone else see it?

13 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 14

What a way to get national coverage!!! Oh well, if we can't laugh at ourselves, we are in deep trouble!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 14

I bet if there was any other place to find flowers Indy would have pulled them from thin air! And I bet there is more to this story!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 14

Oh I haven't seen it. How cool is that! I'm gonna have to go and get it now! Way to go IndyDebi!!

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:46am
post #5 of 14

She (Debi) actually mentioned that "ooops" moment in a thread I think...dang wish I had the link!
I want to see the article ....hopefully I can find the mag here!

sugarycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarycreations Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 14

Oh now I'm really anxious for my copy to come in the mail. hmmmm what should I read first? icon_wink.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #7 of 14

YOU GO GIRL!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 12:43am
post #8 of 14

OMG THEY USED THE STORY!!!!!! THEY DIDN'T TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!! party.gif

I get an email 3 times a day from this place that reporters and writers use. They put in inquiries for help on stories or books they're writing. Redbook writer was wanting Red-Face moment stories so I sent in my flowers story. I had no idea they used it ... they didn't tell me! Woooooo-Whooooo! Gotta buy a copy asap!

This email source was also how I got included in a Fox News story on using freebies (free cookies) to get new business.

Here's the story about the flowers. I tell this story to ALL of my brides now! http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-530853-throwaway.html

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:02am
post #9 of 14
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #10 of 14

Beautiful cake! You really used them roses, didn't you???? Are the strewn(?) petals from the same roses? lol lol

Great press with the Redbook article!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:23pm
post #12 of 14

The cake is beautiful and looks great with the roses!!! Congratulations on the story in Redbook!

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm
post #13 of 14

Congratulations on the article. Your cake is beautiful, and I think those flowers looked better right where you put them.....LOL!!

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:40pm
post #14 of 14

Congratulations on the article. Your cake is beautiful, and I think those flowers looked better right where you put them.....LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%