Lorann Oil Cheesecake Frosting Recipe?

Baking By sandra05 Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 12:09am by babyhugs

sandra05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandra05 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a red velvet wedding cake covered with fondant. i want to have it finished a day or two early . instead of using real cream cheese i want to use LorAnn oil cheese cake flavoring. I'm afraid of real cream cheese sitting out . does anyone have a frosting recipe using oils ?

6 replies
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 7

This is my favorite flavoring! I use it all the time for Red Velvet and get rave reviews. I make regular American buttercream but instead of Vanilla & Almond (which I usually use) I use about 1/2-1 teaspoon of the LorAnn oil. It's great. Good luck!

sandra05 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #3 of 7

thank you for your help thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #4 of 7

Where did you find the Lorann cream cheese flavoring? I looked on their site about a month ago and didn't see it. I'd love to buy some because I cannot find a true crusting cream cheese frosting recipe.

messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 7

I love mixing both the cheesecake and raspberry oils into my reg. bc and using it to frost a lemon cake. Mmm!

sandra05 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 7

i bought my cheesecake and raspberry LORaNN oils at my local bakery supply store their web is http://sugarbakersonline.com icon_smile.gif

babyhugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 7

There's a store in NC (www.shopbettys.com) that has 65 flavors available for $1.09 ea. I'm not sure what shipping would be but I just called and they have the cheesecake in stock! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%