White Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By redrobin55 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm by ibmoser

redrobin55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redrobin55 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 2

Hi, I'm new to the site & I am hoping some one can give me help.
I want to make white chocolte clay. After reading how to make this if I want to make figures such as people or flowers how long in advance can I make & keep them before putting on the cake? Also, do I store these figures in the fridge until I use them? And the last is what about storage in general.I usually work with fondant but I want to try this for an upcoming cake I need in 1 week. Thanks for any help!

1 reply
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 2

I'm no expert on working with chocolate (just eating chocolate LOL), but I have several chocolate clay 3-D items that are over a year old that look just like they did the day I made them. I have stored them in a covered container (not air-tight) at cool room temperature. I do not sell anything, so everything is an experiment for me icon_lol.gif . Curious minds want to know. I would not recommend refrigerating it due to condensation issues, but someone more knowledgeable in handling chocolate might disagree. So, I'd say go for it now with no fear! Storage in general - of chocolate clay? Again, I'd say well-covered at cool room temperature for several months. Any chocolate experts with advice?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%