Making Cake Balls Ahead Of Time

Decorating By moralna Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 6:49pm by GayeG

moralna Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 7

can cake balls be made ahead of time and frozen and then thawed out?

6 replies
GayeG Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 7

I dont see why not! When we make them at home, we ALWAYS keep them in the freezer .. They taste so good that way .. sometimes the chocolate gets a little "ashy" looking, but I've read (somewhere) that thats ok =} Doesnt effect the flavor any, and probably will dissipate when returns backs to room temp, but I dunno ~ We just eat um!

Good Luck and Happy bakin'!

mom2abc Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 7

I do it all the time. I also freeze them between steps. They are just so gooey, I can't get them to hold their shape while I cover them in chocolate.

Christen99 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2abc

I do it all the time. I also freeze them between steps. They are just so gooey, I can't get them to hold their shape while I cover them in chocolate.

Absolutely! I usually have some in the freezer, and then as I need them I pull them out. I also freeze mine first before covering them because they are so gooey messy. I also keep my cookie truffles in there, and then pull them out as necessary.

moralna Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

Great - thanks so much!!!

2SchnauzerLady Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 7

That ashy color is just the cocoa butter coming to the surface, doesn't look great, but doesn't affect the taste, either. It will not disappear.

GayeG Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

That ashy color is just the cocoa butter coming to the surface, doesn't look great, but doesn't affect the taste, either. It will not disappear.

Ah ~ thats good to know!! I knew it didnt affect the flavor any, but had no idea if it would go away or not because we never let them get past that point b4 eatting icon_wink.gif
Thanx for letting me/us know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%