Thin Mint Cake Recipe - Crosspost

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 22 Apr 2013 , 5:02pm by cakes4dummies

cakesdivine Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 11

For those of you who were asking for my Thin Mint doctored cake mix recipe here it is...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7539-3-Thin-Mint-Cake.html

Those of you who are scratch bakers I am sure you can adapt this to your own dark chocolate cake recipe. Enjoy! icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 11

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I just have one question. What do you do when you run out of girl scout cookies? Do you have a recipe to make them?

cakesdivine Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I just have one question. What do you do when you run out of girl scout cookies? Do you have a recipe to make them?

Keebler makes a cookie called Grasshoppers that are the same thing, and I know a few stores generic brands have the chocolate covered mint cookies too. If all else fails purchase the chocolate wafers and add peppermint oil

mjk350 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 11

Sounds yummy!!! Thanks for posting this recipe!!

mbt4955 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 11

cakesdivine, do you know of any reason why this recipe wouldn't work for cupcakes? I need to make some for a bake sale at church on Sunday and I think these would be really good. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Keebler makes a cookie called Grasshoppers that are the same thing, and I know a few stores generic brands have the chocolate covered mint cookies too. If all else fails purchase the chocolate wafers and add peppermint oil

Thank you!! That is great! I can't wait to try it! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesdivine Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 6:23am
post #7 of 11

It should work for any size cakes or cupcakes! I'd give the cupcakes a thin layer of the mint buttercream, then dip the tops in the chocolate ganache.

cakesdivine Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 6:24am
post #8 of 11

It should work for any size cakes or cupcakes! I'd give the cupcakes a thin layer of the mint buttercream, then dip the tops in the chocolate ganache.

cylstrial Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:32pm
post #9 of 11

You are making me hungry! I want thin mints cupcakes now! Hehe.

And then stick a little bit of the cookie in the top. How yummy would that be! Or crush them and sprinkle on the ganache.

cakesdivine Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:46pm
post #10 of 11

Dang it, it double posted but didn't show that last night when I posted...This is really getting annoying with all the multiple posts happening.

The crushed cookies as garnish sounds great!

cakes4dummies Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 5:02pm
post #11 of 11

Does anyone have this recipe? I cant get the link to work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%