What Oven?????

Decorating By sjbeatty8 Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 12:52am by kakeladi

sjbeatty8 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:36am
post #1 of 11

Im looking at all the parts to setting up my legal kitchen and dont know what kind of oven to get.... looking for advise. According to the HD guidelines it basically has to be easily cleanable... there are a few other
things but nothing to specific, sooooo....

Convection, Gas or Electric ???????????? Why????

Commercial, Professional or Regular home oven??????????
Why?????

What brand and Why?????????

Thanks so much... I cant wait to see the responses.

10 replies
artscallion Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:49am
post #2 of 11

Just be careful with convection. The commercial ones are great. But if you're looking at the home ones, keep in mind that the convection fan may take up room inside the oven. So they may not be as deep as what you may be used to in a conventional oven. I've seen posts here where folks were surprised that some of their pans didn't fit in their new convection oven.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:50am
post #3 of 11

I have a shiney new Deluxe radiant cake oven never used <sigh> And I have a beautiful Castle pizza oven with stone shelves.

But you really need to check with the code boys before you decide. Some folks can use a regular home oven some can't.

As far as electric, gas or whatever, that's more a personal decision. Electric will cost more. Gas has to have the hood probably/maybe. But I'm going by my county's regulations too--every place is different.

But if you get a nice big oven where you can load it up with a whole tier cake at a time--obviously that's where you save the money and are working economically.

I'm gonna try & post a picture of my Castle because it is so pretty!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 11

My castle oven

The picture is kinda dark but see the beautiful relief on the door?????

It's a big container of fruit and a birdie on either side.

Not to mention scrollies!!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 11

Hmm, what happened to my attachment? I previewed it and it was there...hmm...

Oh there it is-ha- duh on moi.

sjbeatty8 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 11

I my other research I see A lot of Vulcan... any opinions on those???

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 11

Vulcans are very expensive and very nice.

sjbeatty8 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks.... Ihave found some really good deals on Vulcan stoves that are used... But I wasnt sure if they were the good ones or not... I think I need to bake in convection before I buy it so I am going to my parents to bake this weekend : )

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 11

You need to seriously check out the radiant ray Deluxe ovens--they are made to cook cake.

They (Deluxe) are out of Bradenton Florida and cut cakers a good deal but a place in GA sells them even cheaper.

Pure convection can blow too much sometimes. We used to have to put cream puffs in muffin tins to keep them from being blown to bits in the oven. Trays of cookies would be ok except for one corner that got blown down too low--stuff like that sometimes happens. Not always.

sjbeatty8 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:38am
post #10 of 11

WHat is the place in GA???? Is there a site with prices???

kakeladi Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:52am
post #11 of 11

Gas or electric decission will depend on what connections are available in your location. Some places are all elec - others have both.
I personally prefer gas but have used electric convection and did fine with it.
Some (few) counties will allow home ovens but you really need to consider getting bigger than a home style. A commercial will allow you to bake more at one time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%