Rotating Cake...

Decorating By cakesdelight Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 4:36am by diamondsonblackvelvet13

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #1 of 8

I need some help or brainstorm on making a cake board rotate electronically or battery operated... Has anyone made such thing? if so please give me some advice or help. TIA!

SANDY

7 replies
Marelys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marelys Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 8

I've been lookn 4 d same thing 4 a while now & nothing. Im going to radio shack & c if they have a motor. I will let u know if I find something. Searchd & researchd d internet & nothing =( ... my cake is 4 2nd weeknd in Aug.

Marelys Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #3 of 8

I've been lookn 4 d same thing 4 a while now & nothing. Im going to radio shack & c if they have a motor. I will let u know if I find something. Searchd & researchd d internet & nothing =( ... my cake is 4 2nd weeknd in Aug.

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 4:01am
post #4 of 8

Good Luck Marleys! I'm looking too, my cake is for Sept. but I've been looking since last week of May and all I've come up with is a revolving cake topper, where its a stand and you put a cake topper and it lights and rotates... GOOD LUCK agian...

SANDY

Marelys Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 8

Thank you Sandy

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #6 of 8

I did one spinning cake. I've been doing some searches, but I can't find the product I bought. I found a 3 tier spinning dessert stand. It needed the rod in the middle to spin, but it would not work with the rest of the cake, so I used some epoxy and made it work. Put the cake on it on the cardboard base.

The base was tacky-ish it was silver with a big on off switch on the front and the plug coming out the back. I used double sided table and put an extra wide ribbon over it and told the staff how to turn it on and off.

I've been trying to remember where I bought it and I can't even slightly remember! It's driving me crazy!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%