Marble Cake

Baking By sugarmamma03 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm by Stephi1

sugarmamma03 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:44am
post #1 of 8

How do you make a marble cake? Do you just make your favourite chocolate and your favourite vanilla cake recipe and mix them together? Any tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

7 replies
Charmed Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 8

I make a vanilla cake and reserve some and add cocoa pwdr to it.

sugarmamma03 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 8

Thats a good idea, and lots easier than making two seperate batches! Once the cocoa powder is mixed in, do you just add the mixtures together and stir with a fork?

sugarmamma03 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 8

Thats a good idea, and lots easier than making two seperate batches! Once the cocoa powder is mixed in, do you just add the mixtures together and stir with a fork?

nancyg Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 8

I put the vanilla in the pan. Then I drop big spoonfuls of chocolate here and there. Then swirl the two together with the blade of a knife.

Hope this helps

Stephi1 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 8

I just had a customer request for a white and strawberry marble cake. I have never done this before. Do you think it will be okay? Thoughts?

cakeychick Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 8

white and strawberry marble sounds yummy! I'm sure it works the exact same way and will be just fine. icon_biggrin.gif

Stephi1 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeychick

white and strawberry marble sounds yummy! I'm sure it works the exact same way and will be just fine. icon_biggrin.gif

I know! I'm going to use a strawberry cream cheese filling. I think I will make one for the customer and one for me!! LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%