Starting A Business

Business By booguster Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 3:09am by miny

booguster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booguster Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:05am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,
I have been forum lurking for the past week and I love all the advice and help you give others. So, here is my question. I am a teacher currently and let's say I have a had enough, the kids are great, but I can't take the government bull sh** any more. I also survived cancer last year and it made me realize life is waaaaay to short to be so miserable. I love to bake/cook and have decided to attend pastry school. My ultimate goal would be to open a gourmet bakery specializing obviously in cakes, but will make other goodies as well down the road. I am just wondering what would start up costs be? I know all locations are different, but just some sort of estimate so I know what I am in for. I appreciate any advice on this question or any other items a noobie bakery owner should know.
Thanks a ton!!!

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 5

Hi and Welcome to CC, booguster. icon_smile.gif

What do I need to open a bakery:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-358713.html

HTH

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5

I think I've read every single thread and posting in the business forum and I've seen people say they've spent anywhere from $10,000 to $300,000 opening up their businesses. There are just so many variables to account for that I don't really think any one person could give you an idea on how much it would cost for you.

If you are really serious about this I think the best advice I've seen for potential business owners is building a business plan.

Good luck!

booguster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booguster Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #4 of 5

I figured a business plan was the way to go. I will begin looking into it. I have quite a ways to go (a few years anyway) so there is plenty of time.

Thank you for the feedback icon_biggrin.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:09am
post #5 of 5

Thank you JanH, I'm saving this information for future reference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%