What Colors Make Sage Green?

Decorating By Adevag Updated 5 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm by BuffyAndCompany

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 10

Hi,
Sage Green is a popular color in weddings. I was very surprised when I could not find any food color to make Sage Green. I bought some other greens that looked similar (I am still waiting for my order). Does anyone have experience in making Sage Green fondant or gum paste? I am guessing it has more of a gray tone than the more yellow green, could I add gray?
Thank you!

9 replies
CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:49am
post #2 of 10

I used the kelly green with a teeny-tiny bit of lemon yellow

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:16am
post #3 of 10

Wilton's Juniper color makes a nice sage-y green.

jodei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 10

i just made this color today and i used about 24 ounces of buttercream then i added 6 drops of lemon yellow, 2 drops of leaf green and 2 drops of black. turned out to be the perfect shade. hth

jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #5 of 10

i just made this color today and i used about 24 ounces of buttercream then i added 6 drops of lemon yellow, 2 drops of leaf green and 2 drops of black. turned out to be the perfect shade. hth

jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:57am
post #6 of 10

jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:58am
post #7 of 10

jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:58am
post #8 of 10

jodei Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 1:59am
post #9 of 10

BuffyAndCompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuffyAndCompany Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 10

jodei . . . that is the PERFECT combination for sage! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%