Scroll Work On The Side Of Bc

Decorating By kimpa Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 12:25pm by cylstrial

kimpa Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 7

I am attempting my first ever wedding cake this september and I am looking for an easy way to do scrolls, anyone know of a good pattern or impression mat?


Also, where do you get your ribbon from to wrap around cakes? I don't want my BC to bleed through

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 7

For the ribbon, you can go and buy contact paper and attach the contact paper to the back of the ribbon. That will stop the grease from soaking through the ribbon.

I haven't seen any scroll impression mats. The only thing that I know to do is to print off the pattern that you like and then take a pin and prick the cake through the paper. It's VERY time consuming, but it works.

jo_ann Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:11am
post #3 of 7

Try gsa, they have alot of impression mats, some really nice scroll ones. I used one on my red scroll work cake in my photos. Worked great.

Melchas Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:18am
post #4 of 7

Joann's and Michael's both sell scroll "stamps" in their cake isle.

cylstrial Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:28am
post #5 of 7
Originally Posted by Melchas

Joann's and Michael's both sell scroll "stamps" in their cake isle.

Really? LOL! I had no idea. You would think I would have a clue since I'm there all the time...but apparently not. But I'm really glad that you told me that! Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Melchas Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:51am
post #6 of 7

They are called pattern press sets and they have a lot of different scrolls etc in the sets. I have also used craft wire bent to whatever shape I want for scrools, so that they are uniform.

cylstrial Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 7

And I never would have thought to use the wire either. Thanks again for the info!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%