Airbrushing

Decorating By adflorea Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm by bisbqueenb

adflorea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adflorea Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

I really want to learn airbrushing. Should I just get a video to help me or take classes? If I get a video, which one? If I take classes does anyone know where I can take classes? I am in northern Indiana and haven't been successful in finding someone who does classes here.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 4

Airbrush classes are hard to find.There are some books out there but very limited...I have heard that artist books for airbrushing cars have great tutorials etc but I don't have one.Roland Winbeckler also has a book out to help you get started and a few patterns but really the key is to get one and just do it..I mean practice on cakes...learn the pressure and what your machine can do or not.Testing colors....spraying different mediums like fondant or BC etc.Tinting colors...color shading.I learned everything from trial and error and I still make mistakes.If you think you will use one regularily like I do which is nearly every cake...then I would invest in one but if not...It can be quite an expensive investment to leave sit around and not use.HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 4

I believe badger has a cake air brushing DVD. I'm not home right now so I cna't look at it. Do a google search and see what you come up with.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 4

Here is something that you might consider:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011Z8ZKA/?tag=cakecentral-20

But the key is PRACTICE!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%