Anniversary Cake Idea

Decorating By taybell Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 2:56pm by Rylan

taybell Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 6

I really need an idea for a wedding anniversary cake

5 replies
kansaswolf Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:18am
post #2 of 6

Um, I'm gonna need some more info... How many years? Colors? Likes? Dislikes? Shape preferences? Even flavors would be a start, because I'd plan something totally different for something to be covered in chocolate than I would for something covered in vanilla BC...

Anything more to go on? I'd be happy to help, but more info would be nice! icon_biggrin.gif

taybell Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 6

This will be their 21st. They both love chocolate and their favorite color is red. Any shape would be fine but i just started making cakes aout a year ago so i'm still learning haha.

kansaswolf Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 6

You could do something topped with chocolate covered strawberries, maybe swirl some white chocolate on top of the chocolate on the strawberries... Maybe a circle cake with a couple rows of strawberries on top for the border...

Red roses are good too, and if you don't make flowers yourself, there's always a chocolate mold! I'm pretty sure you can get a rose chocolate mold for a couple bucks at any craft store, and sometimes even at a Wal-mart or something like that. Get some red and green candy melts and a paintbrush to paint in the green leaves before you pour the red, and you're good to go!

Chocolate frosting covered in chocolate shavings is also quite elegant and fairly easy! Just get a big bar of any chocolate and use a vegetable peeler to shave off small pieces. Perhaps pipe a "21" out of red candy melts or red icing for the top. You can also either pipe or mold some hearts of chocolate or red candy melts to go around the sides, if you want!

There's a few ideas for you anyway! Maybe it'll spark your imagination to something else even better! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

taybell Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much!! That sounds perfect!

Rylan Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 6

How about a 21 tier cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%