Look What I Found Continues Look At This!!

Decorating By Yankie Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 5:24pm by cylstrial

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
14 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #3 of 15

Wow Joffy! Good work! thumbs_up.gif I would love to have a set of those pans! Will be anxious to see what you find out tomorrow when you talk to them! icon_biggrin.gif

Lea

BOOTNEYBOO1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #4 of 15
BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #5 of 15
BOOTNEYBOO1 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #6 of 15
Teekakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:52am
post #7 of 15

Bootney............I have seen this set but I don't think the pans are as deep as the ones Joffy found. Do you think they are? Pictures can be deceiving for me. icon_smile.gif

Lea

Teekakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #8 of 15

Bootney............I have seen this set but I don't think the pans are as deep as the ones Joffy found. Do you think they are? Pictures can be deceiving for me. icon_smile.gif

Lea

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:01am
post #9 of 15

I purchased the round tturvy set and had a very hard time with them. the batter is thicker on the deep end, so half the cake cooked way faster. my 6" choc cake took over an hour and the texture was messed up; then i did it over an had a repeat performance. my 12" carrot cake took over 2 hours. I do NOT recommend these pans. It is more time consuming than doing the 3or 4 layers per topsy turvy tier. Please correct me with appropriate instructions if there is a better way, but these weren't effective for me.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:02am
post #10 of 15

Those are pretty pans, but I don't quite understand how they'll work. You can only fill the cake batter to the top of the lowest part of the top rim. It'll rise some, but I don't get how you'll get the top slope in the shape of the pan. Plus, if you overfill, it'll spill over at the lowest part of the pan. Am I missing something? Do you set them lopsided into the oven so the top rim is parallel to the floor of the oven? Does that make any sense?

I haven't made any topsy turvy cakes, but I'd be worried that if you put the upper tiers on an angled bottom tier, they'd want to slide off. Gravity will have its way! I like the method where you dig out the lower layer and have the bottom of the next tier parallel to the floor. That seems more stable to me.

Yankie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #11 of 15

Ruth0209

I understand what you are saying..You got me thinking icon_rolleyes.gif I wonder if you have to turn them upside down....not sure. But a good question.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #12 of 15

I've seen these before...the whole set runs about $150 or somewhere in that range. I've also seen the square set which was about $10 or so more.

I haven't used them but it looks to me as if you would fill and back with the angled side down. I'm not sure though...the baking alone seems like more trouble than it's worth. I know a fellow caker that complains about these pans too plus what sweettoothmom says...I haven't heard any good feedback about these pans (yet).

For now I'll stick with carving and cutting the center out for the next tier to sit flat on...until I get some clearer instructions.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #13 of 15

Keep us posted on the pans...I found them on flickr the user said that they took forever to bake and the cake stuck to them and she had lots of problems with them in general. I would love to hear more feedback on them!
Laura

Lelka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelka Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:28am
post #14 of 15

The Topsy Turvy Cake Pan is $120 and the Sizes are 12" d x 6"h
9"d x 5" h and 7"d x 4" sold by Cuquis Designs.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:24pm
post #15 of 15

That is super cool! I didn't know that you could buy those pans! Awesome!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%