Weird Request!!

Business By diane706 Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 5:09pm by Rose_N_Crantz

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm
post #31 of 38

there are a few things I don't share, lend out, or offer the service of, they are in order of refusal, my husband, my sons, my daughter, my cake equimpment, sewing machine, or car. Those are mine to have, to use, and not to lend.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:43pm
post #32 of 38

I just had an idea, if anyone would be interested in doing this.

Since you can't bake, decorate, and then charge for those character pans, and people are probably not all gung-ho about buying a pan to use once, how about offering a "character cake decorating" package.

For $60 (or more and a $50 refundable deposit that is returned once all borrowed items are returned) they get:

Character pan
Icing already colored
Disposable bags and tips (pan and tips to be returned)

They can make the cake for their kid, and you make money.

Probably not feasible for your smaller shop or bakery, but just a thought.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:05pm
post #33 of 38

i cant believe some ppl!!! this happend to me as well, i had made some biscotti for my sisters bday party and a friend of hers said, 'oh do you sell these' and i said sure!!! 'well i want them for my daughter's party' and i said no problem' then she turns around and said, 'actually, can i have the recipies so i can try to make them myself, and if they dont turn out, can you make them for me?' i was appauled!!!!!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:16pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykonst

i cant believe some ppl!!! this happend to me as well, i had made some biscotti for my sisters bday party and a friend of hers said, 'oh do you sell these' and i said sure!!! 'well i want them for my daughter's party' and i said no problem' then she turns around and said, 'actually, can i have the recipies so i can try to make them myself, and if they dont turn out, can you make them for me?' i was appauled!!!!!

OH LAWDY!!!! icon_eek.gif

babykonst Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:54pm
post #35 of 38

yep, the nerve of some ppl!! anyhoo just an fyi the Bulk barn rents out character pans, so i dont see why they wouldnt rent out wedding cake pans

baby

babykonst Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:54pm
post #36 of 38

yep, the nerve of some ppl!! anyhoo just an fyi the Bulk barn rents out character pans, so i dont see why they wouldnt rent out wedding cake pans

baby

babykonst Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #37 of 38

baby

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:09pm
post #38 of 38

My first reaction would be offense as well if anyone ever asked me to lend out my supplies. But the last time I made a cake, my mother-in-law watched and just last week I gave a few decorating lessons to my sister-in-law because she was interested. Guess what their reactions were? "Oh my, I can see how this is hard on your hands, this is a lot of work! My goodness, how do you get your roses to look so nice? I'll never get mine to look like that!"

So maybe it just takes one attempt for these people to try and make their own cake to realize just how valuable we are.

Quick edit: "So maybe it just takes one attempt for these people to try and make their own cake to realize just how valuable AND TALENTED we are."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%