Look What I Found!

Decorating By Yankie Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm by CakeandDazzle

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #1 of 35

Not sure if anyone has seen this...but it gives me an idea on how to bake my topsy turvy cakes. Scroll Down a little.

http://lacocinadealmaerrante.phpbb3.es/viewtopic.php?t=580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60&sid=d99a7f3c41a31cac5bc6d29577062b80

34 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 35

well DUH!

one of those SO ingeniously simple ideas that makes you want to hit yourself in the head while saying now why didn't I think of that!

THANKS so much for finding and sharing this!

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:26am
post #3 of 35

More forehead slapping going on here too... For 2 years I lived with an oven so wonky every cake I baked came out like that, and it never occurred to me I could use it to my advantage!

MLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLand Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:28am
post #4 of 35

Thanks for sharing! Been planning on trying one, and this one looks easier than the other tutorials I have seen.

queenfa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenfa Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:29am
post #5 of 35

WHAO!!!!!!!

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:32am
post #6 of 35

Cool ! Man, oh,man...i wish i could read spanish. I should've taken it in school. Wouldn't you use the same prop underneath to make sure all would be the same tilt ? Never done one, but i'd like to give it a try.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:34am
post #7 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shturpin

Cool ! Man, oh,man...i wish i could read spanish. I should've taken it in school. Wouldn't you use the same prop underneath to make sure all would be the same tilt ? Never done one, but i'd like to give it a try.

I think it means "Cooking With Soul."

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #8 of 35

Dang! Looks like you build up the sides of a regular pan with parchment so it bakes tall? Sweet!

Susie53 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:38am
post #9 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shturpin

I think it means "Cooking With Soul."

I googled it..

shturpin Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #10 of 35

LOL ! Is that what that means ? I wish i could understand the words. I'm one of those that has to read along with the pics. I looks pretty interesting tho.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:45am
post #11 of 35

hang on folks

I working on a translation via babel fish

won't be exact but might work

give me a little time.

staten93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staten93 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #12 of 35

Very cool. It is so simple looking this way. My daughter's 10th birthday is this year and I thought about doing a topsy turvey cake for her.

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #13 of 35

Looks pretty self explanatory, that's the beauty of pictures! Can't wait to read it though!

shturpin Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #14 of 35

Thanks nannie. I appreciate your help. I didn't know there was such a place to translate. Thank you for all your hard work.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:52am
post #15 of 35

Okay I'm trying to figure out -- did she bake the cake like that or did she take the hot cake out of the oven and prop it up like that? Also I'm not entirely convinced about this method -- look at the final product, the fondant is sagging badly on the top tier (don't know if that's a bad fondant job or a bad cake underneath.) It's something to think about though. I'll be interested to see the translation.

Susie53 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:56am
post #16 of 35

Opps...I was posting the translation of the cartoon... icon_redface.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:57am
post #17 of 35

One thing that concerns me, is the nice firm, even shape you get when you split, fill, THEN carve. This is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together once you torte it. Right? And then smoothing out the filling lines....looks like more work than it's worth. Maybe not though, don't want to be a negative nancy about it, but it does look a little time consuming.

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:59am
post #18 of 35

Ok...i'm Puertorican..so what the lady is saying is that she went to a place where they sell these types of pans and she thought they were too expensive for her.

so what you are seeying is a regular pan and she took a tomato can and opened it and basically attached it to the pan.

nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #19 of 35

ok, below is the gist of the tranlation.

Of course doesn't make a whole lot of sense literally. for example "fast death him with frosting" icon_confused.gif

apparently she saw some specialized pan, couln't afford it and came up with this solution.

It basically says what the pictures depict.

good here this: Weeks ago I went to see the molds that sell to do the sponge cakes turned and I found them expensive for my budget. It watches so it watches and I saw it that it is a normal mold and it only has a metal turns that it of a side apart from which they are but high. And I put myself to invent with a sauce tin, double and meti of a side so that it was turned. Here the results. It is solves for a emergencia where they want to invent. Some suggestion? It does not decorate it then was an invention and we gave fast death him with frosting

Photo1 - the mold wraps and it well high so that when it raised not it left the mixture. I put the tin for the wall of the furnace to avoid that one slid.

Photo 2 - Thus I am the mold #6
Photo 3 - Thus I am the mold #8
Photo 4 - Mounted one upon the other podria to improve

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #20 of 35

Hey Nannie, this is exactly why people who get those scam emails should be concerned. That is the same program those scammers use. So when you get a request that starts: Hi, I like would you bake me cake?....red freaking flags should be going up! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:06am
post #21 of 35

Ha Ha Jamie

I never thought of that

so when someone wants to "fast death him with frosting" do not reply icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:07am
post #22 of 35

No Nannie, actually I would respond, with something very interesting. What? I don't know, I'd have to think long and hard about it. Heh heh. icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:08am
post #23 of 35

ooops

I just realized there is a whole lot left that I didn't translate

If anyone wants to attempt it:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

shturpin Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #24 of 35

death him with frosting. Hah. Too funny. Thanks for the translation, tho. I didn't know they made molds for this. I wish Wilton would make one....i would surely own one. I am a sucker for new toys.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:00am
post #26 of 35

Well, with what I think I know about baking, I've never seen how the pans, or this method, can work very well to produce a quality, evenly baked cake........... icon_confused.gif

If you tilt a pan, or design a pan, so that there is, say, 50% more batter on one side than another, how can the thinner side and the thicker side possibly be done at the same time????

Case in point: I've used the Wilton 2 mix book pan and the results range from inconsistent to poor. The thinner edges ALWAYS cook faster and become dry, whereas, the center humps of the pages seem to take forever to test done.
Result: I don't use that pan for books anymore. I carve them from a sheet pan instead, where the batter is all the same depth.

Just my .02
Rae

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:08am
post #27 of 35

BlakesCakes,

That is exactly what I thought...it doesn't make any sense to me either that those pans could produce an even baked cake.

nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:25am
post #28 of 35

would a flower nail help, do you think? icon_confused.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:35am
post #29 of 35

I don't think that a flower nail would help.
It wouldn't sit level on the bottom of the pan and it would fall over into the batter or just slide to the thinner side .

Cutting the cake on an angle really isn't that hard icon_wink.gif

Rae

nannie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:40am
post #30 of 35

good point

I think I'll just stick to the sugar shack way icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%