A Few Questions From A Newbie

Decorating By lilboo529 Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 9:49am by Rylan

lilboo529 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 5

where do you buy tylose powder? i know it helps the fondant get hard from other forums i have read but where can you buy it? and also when using rice krispy treats how do you mold it? do you make you own? can you use bought ones? thanks in advance

4 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 5

you can buy tylose online or from cake decorating stores (gumpaste can be used in its place and can be found at craft stores). You can make your own RT or buy them already made.

lilboo529 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:21am
post #3 of 5

do you warm them up before?

pattycakesnj Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 5

I am the wrong person to ask, I found them too hard to work with, I just use fondant/gumpaste to sculpt things. sorry

Rylan Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 9:49am
post #5 of 5

I buy tylose online.

I use ready made RKT. I don't warm it when I mold it. I just sculpt if from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%