New Mgic Lilne Pans Scratches

Decorating By Kookie Updated 18 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm by danizabe

Kookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kookie Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 11

I ordered lots of Magic line cake pans from a cake supply store and
they packed them very nicely but most of the pans are scratched.
I don't know but Are those scratches affect baking?
Thanks.

10 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 11

only if you don't grease your pans properly.

but then...

not doing that will ruin any cake in any pan.

They'll be fine -- just fine.

a hint: I use an old toothbrush to get the square pans' corners clean after baking.

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 11

My ML pans were like that too and it worried me a little but but they are AWESOME pans! They bake perfectly--worth every penny!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 11

Mine were like that too but no issues here either.

Kookie Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:26am
post #5 of 11

GOOD! Now I don't have to worried about returning the pans.
Thank you ALL!
I love CC!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 11

The same thing happened to me! I was really annoyed that they didn't think about the bottoms getting scratched. But I haven't had any trouble with the cakes baking or anything.

Kookie Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:03am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

The same thing happened to me! I was really annoyed that they didn't think about the bottoms getting scratched. But I haven't had any trouble with the cakes baking or anything.

Thank you!!

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 7:57am
post #8 of 11

I also bought a Magic line pan that had scratches on the inside bottom. When I called the company where I bought it, I was told that they had never seen a Magic line pan that didn't have the scratches and that they were the result of how the pan was made. Also, the scratches didn't affect the baking process. I haven't used it yet. birthday.gif

Kookie Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:53pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiesjules

I also bought a Magic line pan that had scratches on the inside bottom. When I called the company where I bought it, I was told that they had never seen a Magic line pan that didn't have the scratches and that they were the result of how the pan was made. Also, the scratches didn't affect the baking process. I haven't used it yet. birthday.gif

COOL! I didn't know that. Good to know!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #10 of 11

My Magic Line pans also had some scratches just received them last week) but the biggest disappoint is the large deep indentation as big as a thumbprint along of the the flat edges. I am sorry but these pans are not cheap and when they come in this condition it is very disappointing. Oh sure I can send it back at my expense and they will send a new one. I wish they sold these pans in some cake store that was in a decent driving distance so you could look the pans over before you bought them.

I take excellent care of all my pans regardless what brand and don't have dings and gouges and dents in them and have used them for many years and now I have a new one that is already beat up.

danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 11

hi! ladys bakers, can i have the address for the majic pan place? icon_biggrin.gif iam also interested in them, i have fat daddio but i dont know i dont like them or maybe is that i dont know how to use them. Big thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%