California Home Bakers...

Business By MamaNenascakes Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm by ZlatkaT

MamaNenascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaNenascakes Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 2

So I'm an Army wife, I have to be moving every year... honestly every year.
I know there HAS to be more than just me decorating from home, I love doing this, and I don't want to stop! I just get probably one to two contracts a week, other weeks is none...
So I was thinking in sending a letter to the first lady of CA, asking for permits to bake from home in CA. I know I'll be leaving CA on December but wi'll be back in 2011.
Has anyone here had a problem at all baking from home? like people knocking in your door saying that you have to stop baking?
Please! tell me I'm not alone in this... I love staying at home with my babies and just guess how my life is going to be if I have to rent a kitchen every year in every place I live!

1 reply
ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 2

I understand you completely. I am stay at home Mom with 2 little ones. I am still learning decorating cakes, and giving myself 2-3 years to learn, and than maybe rent a kitchen and will see. Mostly I do cookies, and have a few regulars, the word of mouth is spreading by itself, and I bake 2-3x per month. BUT, Yes, I am scared of "knocking on my door". I don't advertise, but I wish to be more busy and do more practicing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%