Royal Icing Transfer

Decorating By sbarauskas Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 7:31pm by sbarauskas

sbarauskas Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 9

Okay I've looked and searched on here and I know it has to be somewhere but I can't find it and the search on here is pointless. No matter what I search for it never pull up anything in refrence to it in the forums. So I really need to know how to do a royal icing transfer for my daughter's minnie cake. I would love to make minnie for her. I need a receipe for the icing and how you go aobut doing it. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and god bless..

8 replies
noyhoward Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 9

I've been wondering the same thing.I know how to do FBCT but not royal icing.I've searched every where & can't find any info.Hope someone can help us.

ZlatkaT Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #4 of 9

I prefer Frozen Butter cream transfer (FBCT) but I did a few of RI. The problem of RI is that it is fragile, so better do at least 2 images for your first try.
1) Put printed image under wax paper and tape it to board
2)Make RI (4C powdered sugar + 3 Tbsp meringue powder + 6(or more) water) This is stiff consistency and you use this for outline. Color with gel colors of your choice.
3) After outline dries, make your leftover of RI of thin consistency with water (I count 3 before my drops disappear) Then flood the outlines of images.
4) Let it dry for 2 days.
5) CAREFULLY remove from the wax paper - I pull down over sharp edge of the table.
Hope this help, here is more info, if I am not clear with my broken English icon_smile.gif
http://www.shavkin.com/kimfess.html

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 9

I like doing RI Transfers on plastic page protectors, it pops off easily. icon_smile.gif You can also do them on plastic wrap as well, it peals off the back.

noyhoward Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:20am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZlatkaT

I prefer Frozen Butter cream transfer (FBCT) but I did a few of RI. The problem of RI is that it is fragile, so better do at least 2 images for your first try.
2)Make RI (4C powdered sugar + 3 Tbsp meringue powder + 6(or more) water) This is stiff consistency and you use this for outline. Color with gel colors of your choice.
3) After outline dries, make your leftover of RI of thin consistency with water (I count 3 before my drops disappear) Then flood the outlines of images.
5) CAREFULLY remove from the wax paper - I pull down over sharp edge of the table.
Hope this help, here is more info, if I am not clear with my broken English icon_smile.gif

From what I'm reading,it's the same way I did my tiara to go on a princess cake,is that a royal icing transfer?I'm sorry I'm so new @ this,for some reason I thought is the same way as FBCT.Instead of freezing you let it dry then place the trasfer on to the cake & peel off,so I was wrong.Thanks for the help.

noyhoward Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:26am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZlatkaT

From what I'm reading,it's the same way I did my tiara to go on a princess cake,is that a royal icing transfer?I'm sorry I'm so new @ this,for some reason I thought is the same way as FBCT.Instead of freezing you let it dry then place the trasfer on to the cake & peel off,so I was wrong.Thanks for the help.

clashfan77 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 9

Can parchment paper be used instead of wax paper?

sbarauskas Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 7:31pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all for your help, hope I can get it right for her cake..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%