Anyone Wearing Long Dress To Ices Dinner

Decorating By Linda5606 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm by TexasSugar

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 6

or is every one not dressing up a lot? just wondering as i have a really pretty but dressy long black dress
linda

5 replies
AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 6

I'm going to be wearing a Long black or white skirt (I haven't decided which color would be better) I haven't personally been to any of the ICES banquet, but I have seen pictures and from what I've read on the site I'm pretty sure a dressy long dress wouldn't look out of place.
I have a question too.... Do you think off white would be OK or does it need to be white?

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

Linda, my parent's neighbor went last year to the one in Orlando and she was in a long dress and even went to the Salon to get her hair and nails done before the event. I'm sure you'll look great. I'm jealous though, wish I could go too! Have a great time ladies!

mkm25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkm25 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6

I have only been to one convention - in Orlando last year. The banquet last year was extremely casual but lots of people still wore dresses. I don't really know what to expect this year...typically a black & white theme implies dressy, but I'm not sure... I bought a black & white cocktail dress that I'll be wearing. I hate shopping so I'm not going back to the mall! icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 6

I'm bringing a black skirt and dressy white halter top I purchased from the vintage store and wearing bright colored lightweight sweater (bolero style) over the halter top. I purchased the dress from a new york consignment store markdown to $15 each.

I would suggest wearing what you feel comfortable in. Everyone has there style.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 6

You will see people dressed in formal clothes and in less formal clothes. You won't be over dressed in your long black dressed. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%