Just Started And Getting Burnt Out!!

Decorating By LynnZClaire

LynnZClaire Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 1

First, Hi I'm a newb icon_razz.gif

I just recently started decorating cakes, mmmm like less than 1/2 a year ago. I started making cupcakes. A co-worker/friend deocrates cakes and is VERY good at it, she's actually the one that started this addiction for me, haha. I call it an addiction b/c now I can't stop!! I made one cake and that turned into 3 cakes and that turned into 5 and now I have friends and family lined up. I LOVE this hobby, don't get me wrong. However, I do this part time. I have a full time job...and as everyone on here knows making cakes takes a longggg time. I've stayed up well past midnight the past TWO weeks...**Sigh**. While I'm loving all of the cakes people are asking me to make and all the experience I'm getting, I'm slowly getting tired. However, I'm finding it reallllllllly hard to turn cakes down! So...how long does this last? When will it start to slow down or get to the point that I hate cakes, lol?? Does it ever? I'm missing my sleep icon_smile.gif and I'm up to my eyeballs in icing, fondant and cake pans icon_eek.gif
Do CC'rs ever get tired of making cakes? and if you do it just on the side, as a hobby...how do you turn down cakes? I guess I'm afraid if I turn down a cake, I won't be asked to make another one for them when I'm ready. **shrugs**

okay end of long rambles, lol.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%