Funny Story

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm by sweet-thing

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:17am
post #1 of 9

Here goes...

Got a call a few weeks ago from the husband of my husbands co-worker. He needed a cake for a surprise old school party for his wife, Angie. So we communicated via text message a few time and even spoke a couple of times. He didn't really have any idea of what she might like so he told to do whatever. So I did! My husband asked that I give a good deal because Angie, his coworker, was good people. Didn't really like, but I did. Earlier in the week my husband said we are going to have a romantic weekend away from the house and kids. I thought, wow that sounds great. I got the cake done Friday afternoon and pack a light bag for us. My mother was coming over to watch the kiddies on Friday night and she would drop them off to his mother on Saturday afternoon. So we had a great night Friday and got up and went to the breakfast and the movies Saturday afternoon. He had mentioned that he wanted to get something old school to wear to the party so we looked around at the stores. As time went on I told him I needed to get home to pick up the cake-he said okay but still kept looking around. Finally we were on our way. Got me home and there was all my family, friends and neighbors. It was a suprise party for me. I baked my own cake and didn't even know it. icon_eek.gif

My B-day is in Jan and it's always really cold and miserable so he thought that he would give me a summer birthday. icon_biggrin.gif I know it a long story but I had to share it.

Angie

8 replies
woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 9

That is sooo sweet! You hubby changed your bday! I wish mine would do that because his is three days after mine and my sons is two weeks before (I kinda get lost in the shuffle). Anyway, that was a great trick to get you to make your own cake! Buddy kinda had that happen on Cake Boss. Sounds like you have an awesome hubby!! What a sweet thing to do.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 9

What a great, sweet husband you have!! Wonderful story...you are blessed!!

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 9

Awww, that made me smile. What a sweetie you have to do something totally unexpected.

The only thing is he is going to have a hard time topping this birthday next year! LOL.

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 9

That's too funny!! No wonder he wanted you to give 'the customer' a good deal on the finished cake!!! icon_lol.gif
HAPPY "fake" Birthday!!
~Jaime

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 9

Awww... he deserves the 'Husband of the Year' award!

LynnZClaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnZClaire Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 9

haha, wayyy cute!!!! Super Husband you have there icon_wink.gif

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 9

Hey All,

When I posted my story I rec'd an error message and somehow it posted 3 times. So there is three of ths same thread out there. Sorry!

Angie

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9

How sweet. I am printing this out for my hubby! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%