Funny Story

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 11:30am by AngiesIdea

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:10am
post #1 of 12

Here goes...

Got a call a few weeks ago from the husband of my husbands co-worker. He needed a cake for a surprise old school party for his wife, Angie. So we communicated via text message a few time and even spoke a couple of times. He didn't really have any idea of what she might like so he told to do whatever. So I did! My husband asked that I give a good deal because Angie, his coworker, was good people. Didn't really like, but I did. Earlier in the week my husband said we are going to have a romantic weekend away from the house and kids. I thought, wow that sounds great. I got the cake done Friday afternoon and pack a light bag for us. My mother was coming over to watch the kiddies on Friday night and she would drop them off to his mother on Saturday afternoon. So we had a great night Friday and got up and went to the breakfast and the movies Saturday afternoon. He had mentioned that he wanted to get something old school to wear to the party so we looked around at the stores. As time went on I told him I needed to get home to pick up the cake-he said okay but still kept looking around. Finally we were on our way. Got me home and there was all my family, friends and neighbors. It was a suprise party for me. I baked my own cake and didn't even know it. icon_eek.gif

My B-day is in Jan and it's always really cold and miserable so he thought that he would give me a summer birthday. icon_biggrin.gif I know its a long story but I had to share it.

Angie

11 replies
slush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slush Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:20am
post #2 of 12

he's so cute!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:25am
post #3 of 12

WOW! I love your story. What a GREAT husband you have, I think he's a keeper...lol. My birthday is also January 17th but I've never had a party like that.

AngiesIdea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:28am
post #4 of 12

It was the best! That's all I can say-THE BEST EVER! icon_biggrin.gif

nazlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nazlie Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:39am
post #5 of 12

Awe, this is so sweet. Happy birthday icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:04am
post #6 of 12

LOL! What a SWEETIE ! You'd better hang on to THAT one ! icon_wink.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:21am
post #7 of 12

What a great guy! Hope you enjoyed your party and your cake! I guess you had a happy customer. thumbs_up.gif

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:23am
post #8 of 12

What a cute and refreshing story! Its shows your husband is such a romantic. Kuddos to him and your family/friends for keeping it a secret.
Happy birthday, although early, to you!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:26am
post #9 of 12

What a cute and refreshing story! Its shows your husband is such a romantic. Kuddos to him and your family/friends for keeping it a secret.
Happy birthday, although early, to you!

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:38am
post #10 of 12

Oh my goodness! icon_lol.gif I sure didn't expect that ending! What a THOUGHTFUL husband! (You must have "trained" him well! icon_wink.gif ).

What kind of cake did you make for yourself?

Have a good day! thumbs_up.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:05am
post #11 of 12

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love it! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

AngiesIdea Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:30am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

Oh my goodness! icon_lol.gif I sure didn't expect that ending! What a THOUGHTFUL husband! (You must have "trained" him well! icon_wink.gif ).

What kind of cake did you make for yourself?

Have a good day! thumbs_up.gif

It was a 3 tiered round 12,9,6 yellow and chocolate filled with ganache. I must say that I kinda thought the he loved me a little bit but not that much icon_wink.gif And I give props to everyone else that went along with it.

Angie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%