How To Make Navy Blue Fondont?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm by CountryCakery4

mom2my3girlz Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 7

I have to make a yankee cake and I dont know how to make navy blue. Please help me.

6 replies
BakingGirl Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:59am
post #2 of 7

Americolor has a paste color called Navy Blue, so that is what I use if I need navy.

ambolil Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:03am
post #3 of 7

I have found that if you color your fondant grey first, you use less color when heading toward a deeper look (in your case blue). Good luck!

Renaejrk Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:12am
post #4 of 7

just make sure if you are doing more than a small batch to get the big bottle of navy blue, not the itty bitty one

CountryCakery4 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:15am
post #5 of 7

I don't have a navy blue colour but I might colour mine blue then tint very carefully with toothpick dips of black to darken. Slow & steady till I had the right shade. Also, are you using MMF? If you are, then I find it very helpful to colour the marshmallows while they're still soupy. You may already be doing this but I thought I'd mention it anyway. HTH!

fruitsnack Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 7

I just had to make navy blue fondant, and all I have are the Wilton colors. I used quite a bit of royal blue, then just a touch of black, and it came out perfectly.

CountryCakery4 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 7

Oh super!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif That's the Wilton colour I was envisioning myself! It is the darkest blue I have too. So glad it worked out for you. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Have you got pics of the finished cake? I'd love to see it when it's done. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%