Would This Work - Kitchen Size (Show Me Yours)

Business By sjbeatty8 Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 12:00am by sjbeatty8

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:18am
post #1 of 5

For those of you with a licensed space.. what do you think??

I have a space that I could rent VERY cheap. I am only looking for a space right now to get up and going.... So it would be as minimal as possible.

That being said the space is only 15x11 (165 sq ft). This would only be for the actual kitchen space (no walk in business). There is an additional smaller room to use as an office and for tastings and then a storage room that would have a large area for storage and room for a large freezer.

From my research on my state I think all I would need in the kitchen area is a fridge, oven, 3 compartment sink and hand washing sink... plus workspace... so I think I could make it work.

Any thoughts would be great ...also if you have picture of your licensed kitchen I would love to see them... I have searched and found some but I know there are others.

TIA

4 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 5

I have a separate legal kitchen in my home that is around 220 sq feet. It houses everything though from the 5 sinks to the fridge and freezer to all my supplies and boxes. I don't think I'd want it ANY smaller, but if you have room outside of the kitchen for some things, it might be doable.

sjbeatty8 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the reply....Im hoping it will work out because it would be perfect.. I just am nervous.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

You're not required to have a restroom?

sjbeatty8 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:00am
post #5 of 5

There is also a restroom that is far enough and properly sealed off from the potential kitchen space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%