Any Ideas For A Small Graduation Cap For A Cake Topper?

Decorating By Blueyslori Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 12:56am by patticakesnc

Blueyslori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blueyslori Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here a lot but have gotten so much good advcice from reading everyone elses posts..thanks... icon_razz.gif

I am making 2 graduation cakes for Saturday, both are going to have a small graduation cap and diploma on top for decoration, I made the diploma's already out of fondant, but could use some idea for the caps...anyone??

Thanks in advance, you are all great!!

Lori

6 replies
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #2 of 7

I have a graduation cake in my pic with a small cap on it. I used a small custard cup and used that to form the cap part then just cut out the square for the top. For the tassle I formed some gumpaste then used a toothpick to put lines in it.

bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7

I have a graduation cake in my pic with a small cap on it. I used a small custard cup and used that to form the cap part then just cut out the square for the top. For the tassle I formed some gumpaste then used a toothpick to put lines in it.

bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 7

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:48am
post #5 of 7

On my Yankees/Graduation cake, I used a cupcake for the base (covered in chocolate) and I made a chocolate square for the top. I used fondant for the tassel. Hope that helps!
icon_smile.gif

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:50am
post #6 of 7

I made a small cap out of gumpast for a recent grad cake. I just made a loop out of gumpaste, and a square to correspond to the right size, and let them dry separately. After they were dry, I attatched them with royal icing. Good luck! This cake is in my pics if you need to see it.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 7

I used a plastic disposable bowl (like the glad bowls) on one of my cakes. They also make the very small ones and they are realllly easy to cover. I liked the shape of it too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%