Can I Make A Fondant Cake With Cheesecake Or Filling?

Decorating By jtnbatch Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 6:12am by ceshell

jtnbatch Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 5

So I made a cake this weekend that had strawberry and cheesecake in it. I frosted with a buttercream, but it didn't hold up well to the heat. If I were to use fondant instead...could I refrigerate the cake, or would that mess up the fondant?

4 replies
staceytisdale Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 5

I use homemade MMF and I refrigerate it all the time. The wilton stuff does not refrigerate well I found. It got wet from condensation and melted. The MMF gets some condensation on it too but as long as you don't try and wipe it off and just let it dry it's fine

jtnbatch Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 5

I just ordered the fondarific from the internet...what about that? Will it refrigerate?

staceytisdale Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 5

according to MacsMom on this thread you can. I have never heard of that stuff before...now I want to order some too!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=596406&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

ceshell Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 6:12am
post #5 of 5

I can't really speak for fondarific since I've never used it, but most commercial fondants (except for Wilton but that is not really fondant now is it...LOL) refrigerate just fine. SatinIce and Pettince sure do. I'd email the Fondarific people to ask them for sure. So does Michele Foster's and of course the recipe MacsMom uses for MMF. I personally have had a problem refrigerating straight run-of-the-mill MMF (i.e. the kind with just marshmallows and water). I think the added glycerin helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%