Picture Of 1St Ever Decorated Cake!

Decorating By wallysdee Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm by Motta

wallysdee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wallysdee Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 18

Ok you experts please don't laugh. I can not thank you enough for all the tips and advice! I hope this link works. I am about as smart with the computer as I am with decorating. lol lol I am also gonna try and post to my photos. Hopefully one will work.

Ok heres what I did. I made two french vanilla square cakes. I did the butter cream cheese ising (OMG IT WAS SO GOOD!) and was great as a filler but ya'll were right not too great with fondant. I mean the marshmello fondant I made stayed good but when you sliced it it would peel off a bit. All in all it tasted great! Rolling out that fondant is HARD WORK! lol lol You can tell where I to piece mine together but oh well. I thought it was cute and my 20 month old knew exactly who it was on the cake. lol lol Thanks again for all your help and HOPEFULLY this picture or link will post. I really want ya'll too see this. lol lol
Denise

\\\\anubis\\home\\georgiapigott\\My Pictures\\decorated cake july 2009 1st ever
LL
LL

17 replies
Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 18

Awww really cute! and it sounds yummy, i love cream cheese icing! bet your little one loved it! keep up the good work, fondant takes a lot of practice but it gets easier every time as you get to know your recipe and how to adjust it, etc
icon_smile.gif

wallysdee Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 18

thank you very much for your kind words and encouragment! My little one did love it. lol lol I gotta get me some practice in before her birthday in October. Gonna check out the galleries here and see if I can find another one that I can attempt. lol lol
Thanks!
Denise

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 18

Now that is what you call a CUTE cake. I love the little Sesame guys ..... icon_biggrin.gif

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 18

The cake looks great and I love the bright colors!! Great job.

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 18

Wow, you got red, that is the hardest color for me to achieve, LMAO!!! Great job!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 18

Great job on your 1st cake!!! So cute! Love the colors!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 18

Cute, adorable, and precious!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:24am
post #9 of 18

Fondant is a LOT harder to roll than it looks! I figured that out my first time when I got in the bed with a SEVERE back ache! LOL Your cakes looks good! And I bet that baby loved it! icon_lol.gif

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #10 of 18

You did an awesome job, keep up the good workicon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:34am
post #11 of 18

HOW CUTE!!!!!!

canuelas4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canuelas4 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:43am
post #12 of 18

nice job!

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:52am
post #13 of 18

FANTASTIC JOB!!!! Love it!
Bright, fun colors and the characters are definitely identifiable! That is a bigger step than some realize. Don't even want to talk about some of my first cakes!
I would never have attempted fondant straight away. KUDOS to you!!!!
Congrats!

wallysdee Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 1:54am
post #14 of 18

You all are just too nice! Thanks so very much for the encouragement. Oh and the red I must say is such a cheat. I of course freehanded the circles or ovals rather for both the faces and filled in with betty crocker decorater icing. I bought the icing and tips in our local grocery store. So I did not achieve that red all by myself. lol lol I am gonna try another one pretty soon. I do hope I get better with practice. lol
Thanks again
Denise

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:23am
post #15 of 18

Thats cute =]

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #16 of 18

cute cake! That would make any child smile ;0)
Looks like you are well on your way to making masterpeices with cake. You know, once you start it's a addiction that's hard to break. There is so much to learn along the way. So have fun and keep up the great work.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm
post #17 of 18

Very cute! I'm sure any child would smile if they saw that cake. Looks like you are well on your way to creating masterpeices with cake. You know, once you start it's very addictive and hard to stop. ;0) THere is so much to learn along the way so have fun and enjoy the ride. Keep up the great work.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:18pm
post #18 of 18

Nice cake! Good job in getting the likeness of Elmo and Cookie Monster.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%