Super Big Heavy Duty Plastic Rolling Pin

Decorating By Jacque2241 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm by Jacque2241

Jacque2241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jacque2241 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know where I can purchase the rolling pin that they show on Amazing Wedding cakes. It's white, plastic and really big. I saw it once online but now can't find the site anymore and I tried Beryls, Globalsugarcraft and sugarcraft and can't find it.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

7 replies
superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 8
Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:03am
post #3 of 8

Sorry superwawa, it's not. I've seen the one she's talking about. It has handles that don't move (it's all one piece). Sorry I don't know where to find it either. There's a similar one with moving handles at pastrychef.com for a little over $100!!! Looked at 43 pages of rolling pins on Google - no luck. Think it could be custom made?

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plwilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plwilson Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 8

I just found one on KitchenCrafts.com and ordered it. Unfortunately, it's on backorder with no date of restock. It is $34.95 and is the long white plastic one that we see on the cake decorating programs.

plwilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plwilson Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 8

I just found them on GlobalSugarArt.com also and they were much cheaper! I ordered a 14" for $10.95 and a 20" for $13.95. And they are in stock!

The one from KitchenCrafts.com was $34.95, so I'll compare them and let you know if it was worth the difference in price.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #7 of 8

plwilson... I don't think that is the one OP is looking for, I think the one on AWC had handles on the ends.

I am still looking Jacque2241... icon_smile.gif

Jacque2241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jacque2241 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 8

Jaimeann, I totally love the one from your link, it's not the one I was looking for but it looks really cool.
I took a class with Lauri from Cake Alchemy and I happen a white rolling pin and she said she purchased it from Pastrychef.com. I think I might have to settle for that one. I can't remember which Amazing Wedding Cake episode I saw it on, but I need something that's big and heavy and it might have to do. Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I totally love this site!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%