Where To Find A Large Acrylic Cupcake Stand??)

Baking By nikinak Updated 17 Apr 2011 , 3:59pm by sugarspice

nikinak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikinak Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 9

I've been perusing the internet trying to find circular and square acrylic cupcake stands and am thinking about going to europe to get one! seems thats where they are all made...any suggestions??

thanks

nikinak

8 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 9

I believe globalsugarart.com has them. HTH!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 9

I made my own. Went to the local dollar store and party store. Bought acrylic plates and cups and glues them together. Use clear caulking since glue doesn't work on plastic. I can them build a tower with them.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 9

Can you post a pic muslli? I would be interested in knowing how you did it using plates and cups. Thank you

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 9

I'm planning on building my own too! At some places like Home Depot, you can have acrylic cut to your specs, so I'm working on designing my own tower for my nieces reception (she just got married in Jamaica). Then I'm going to buy a bunch of mirrored tiles or clear gems at my work to do the edges somehow!

nikinak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikinak Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 9

I found a 6-tier on Crystalpalacecupcaketree.com to fit 200 cupcakes made with stippled acrylic (fingerproof an scratch proof-like an acrylic cutting board) at 1/4 inch thick for $195 +shipping. The smaller ones are advertised as being clear. After calling Tom the sales rep he basically told me they could make anything i asked for including more tiers if needed, different shapes, clear, and even a mirrored look...perhaps i dont need to go back to europe after all.
They can also replace tiers if needed. So he is going to send me samples of each...i think i like Tom,

Thanks for all the suggestions...and i think i might go to home depotvand check out their acrylic
thanks again!!)

msulli10 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 9

umgrzfn: here is a link http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=2541
I'm using clear plastic.

msulli10 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 9

umgrzfn: here is a link http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=2541
I'm using clear plastic.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 17 Apr 2011 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 9

I like the look of the stands from Crystal world manufacture. Do you know how many standard cc's the 8 tier holds?? Wondering if you lose a lot of space with the 4 legs per tier....although it must be more stable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%