Uk Cc'rs - Hawthorne Hill Butterfly Cutter/veiners?

Decorating By drakegore Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 12:43am by drakegore

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

hi!

i can't seem to find any butterfly cutter/veiner sets here in the USA that are quite what i am looking for. I was searching on the web and stumbled upon hawthorne hill's. It will probably cost and arm and a leg to get them to me from the UK, so i wanted to see if i could get any feedback before i make the purchase.

here is the link:

http://www.hawthornehill.co.uk/products.php?group=7

in case that doesn't go thru...http: //www. hawthornehill. co.uk /products.php?group=7 without the spaces.

thank you so much!
diane

4 replies
Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, I went over and checked them out. I have never heard of them before. I am very intrigued myself by their products. On the main page it says FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE. icon_eek.gif

If they do include a cutter AND veiner, then it is worth the price! I have paid much more for a flower cutter and mold over here in the UK. But since they do not actually show the cutter and mold or embosser, how do you even know what you are getting? Am I missing something??

I am not sure about the butterflies, but I did go and look at the orchid cutters and I though their cymbidiums were very nice. I have the FMM set, which I was not too thrilled with because the instructions were confusing and the orchild was not a typical cymbidium orchid. This site does not specify how many pieces you get to make the flower. For example, with the cymbidiums ( I just made in my gallery), my classmates used one that had 4 cutters only and they paid about 3 pound 50. My FMM set had 3 cutters, but there are cymbidium cutters out there with 5 cutters. My point is, you should really see the product so you know what you are getting. KWIM?

When I read the tutorial on the butterfly it mentioned needing a special tool for it.

The pound rate is about 1.70. Meaning, it costs about $1.70 to buy 1 British pound, to help give you an idea of the cost. Also, if you do order, make sure you CC doesn't charge you an international fee.

Hope my rambling thoughts make sense. LOL.

drakegore Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 5

it sure does say free shipping! i just went to the shipping page where they do talk about how much it costs to ship. free shipping looks like it might be a special offer (that i need to take advantage of, lol).

they have some video tutorials too that show the butterfly cutter/veiner and the finger pad they are talking about isn't a tool, but a little but of paste they use to lift the butterfly out (or at least that is how it looks to me). here is the link:

http://www.hawthornehill.co.uk/Tutorial/VideoClips.html

diane

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 5

Oh very cool. Thank you for posting the link to that. I am still intrigued by them, but not sold just yet.

I find the product is not described very well and I find it odd that they do not show the mold/cutters. Again looking at the cymbidium cutters they describe in inches, I am assuming they mean each petal because how could it be finished at only 2 inches? Although I do have one that is 2 inches. LOL.

Anyway, good luck on your purchases, if they work as well as the tutorials, I think you're getting a very good deal. Veiner and cutter for those prices is a steal over here.

drakegore Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:43am
post #5 of 5

has anyone out there ever bought anything from this company? i would love to know what to expect or hear any feedback.
diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%