Squires Uk

Business By YummyChoo Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 12:37pm by BCo

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone been on a Squires International School course in the UK? ARe they worth the money?

7 replies
solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 8

I've never even heard of it, didn't know they had a school.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 8

The only thing that I have heard of is - I think they make a really good cake magazine.

aminthepm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminthepm Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 8

I know a lady did one on 'Life Begins Again' on Channel 4 but i think that was more to do with starting a cake decorating business and was run by the lady who wrote the book. It's one of the only episodes you can't watch on demand.

She's at www.sparklescakes.co.uk It might be worth sending her an email?

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 8

Hello all - don't mean to take over the thread but I am heading to Harrogate England this weekend and I was wondering if anyone from around that area could tell me if there are any great bakeries or such that I should check out while I'm visiting! I've never been to England so I'm super excited and thought I may as well ask if there are any great shops to check out since I love all things sweet!!

thanks in advance if you have any thoughts!

Brandie

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 8

You will have so much fun in England! It's been a while since I was there. But you will find all sorts of fun things to do!

laurajayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurajayne Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:54am
post #7 of 8

Bettys icon_biggrin.gif

Go to Bettys. icon_biggrin.gif

You Must Go to Bettys icon_biggrin.gif

Its a bakery with a tea room attached. It's not cheap, but it's oh so yummy! It's in Harrogate, so you won't have far to travel. If you like quaint English customs, then the tea room is for you.

They also have a school of cookery there. I'm saving up icon_lol.gif

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:37pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajayne

Bettys icon_biggrin.gif

Go to Bettys. icon_biggrin.gif

You Must Go to Bettys icon_biggrin.gif

Its a bakery with a tea room attached. It's not cheap, but it's oh so yummy! It's in Harrogate, so you won't have far to travel. If you like quaint English customs, then the tea room is for you.

They also have a school of cookery there. I'm saving up icon_lol.gif

I was going to ask about Bettys b/c someone else had mentioned that - - - and I looked it up and bonus....it's right across the street from the hotel that I'm staying at!! Guess I know where you'll find me!!! And I LOVE tea, I drink it all the time and I'm always trying something new!!! Can't wait to check it out - I've looked at their menu and I've already picked out some things I would like to try!

THANKS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%