My Very First Topsy Turvy!!!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 3:15am by Chippi

Chippi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 13

Wow what alot of work this one was, as alot of CC'ers have helped me out on. The Colored MMF gave me so much trouble, I rolled the bottom tier out 5 times til I got it to work (with CC'ers help) and Edna! All in all it turned out pretty good. I do know I will be buying Satin Ice in colors for cover next time. Bottom tier is orange cream cake w/ choc. ganache, middle tier is red velvet cake w/ vanilla bc icing and top tier is carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Everything is edible except for the feathers and wires for the stars. Thanks for your help everyone and god bless. icon_smile.gif TFL

Click here to see it:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1413638

Chippi icon_smile.gif in the making!

12 replies
underthesun Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 13

Great job on your first topsy turvy. Lots of work, but it looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

mjk350 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #3 of 13

Your first topsy turvy is Fantastic! Love it.

Chippi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 13

Thank you both! icon_smile.gif Happy Baking!

Chippi

Chippi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 13

Thank you both! icon_smile.gif Happy Baking!

Chippi

tyty Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 13

Looks great, I love it. Which method did you use?

Chippi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 13

I used the cutout method, lemme find the youtube video I watched and post it for ones who have never seen it.
Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHY_F53ClJ8&feature=fvw

HTH"s and Thanks!
Chippi

tyty Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

I used the cutout method, lemme find the youtube video I watched and post it for ones who have never seen it.
Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHY_F53ClJ8&feature=fvw

HTH"s and Thanks!
Chippi




Thank you.

Cathy26 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:46am
post #9 of 13

Thats great! my first topsy was a 4 inch an 6 inch two tier, id never have had the guts to try the size you did!! its very very clean and professional looking.

How did you get such deep green and blue colours - airbrush??

Chippi Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy24

Thats great! my first topsy was a 4 inch an 6 inch two tier, id never have had the guts to try the size you did!! its very very clean and professional looking.

How did you get such deep green and blue colours - airbrush??




Thank you....I used Royal Blue and Electric Green americolor and added it to my marshmallow once melted. icon_smile.gif

Chippi

Chippi Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy24

Thats great! my first topsy was a 4 inch an 6 inch two tier, id never have had the guts to try the size you did!! its very very clean and professional looking.

How did you get such deep green and blue colours - airbrush??




You did a very good job on your topsy turvy! Too funny they are both for a Megan who's 21! icon_smile.gif Love your other cakes also. icon_smile.gif

HPChick33 Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 7:23pm
post #12 of 13

THAT was your first topsy-turvy cake??? It looks amazing! You have inspired me to give it a go. The colors and details are just perfect. Great job!

Chippi Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:15am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi33

THAT was your first topsy-turvy cake??? It looks amazing! You have inspired me to give it a go. The colors and details are just perfect. Great job!




Good luck Cyndi!!! Post us a pic when your done can't wait! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%