Muahahahaha I'm Going To Another Auction Tomorrow...

Business By Cakenicing4u Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm by SugaredUp

Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #1 of 18

icon_biggrin.gif Just had to rub it it... there's another bakery auction going on tomorrow! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 11:51am
post #2 of 18

There are so many people that find these amazing auctions. I wish I was one of them!! Good luck today! Hope you get some great deals!

Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 18

oh welll.... can't win them all! i gave up about 30 minutes into the auction because the prices were going ridiculously high!

snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 18

Where do you find these auctions again? Didn't you say there was a website you could find them on?

Cakenicing4u Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 18

Auctionzip dot com icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 18

So did you get anything good?

Cakenicing4u Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 18

Not this time! I saw 4 10" cake pans sell for $30 and walked away!

cylstrial Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 18

Oh well. You win some, you lose some. There will always be more!

SugaredUp Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:48pm
post #9 of 18

Don't you feel bad getting so excited that someone's business closed? Sheesh!

SugaredUp Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 18

Don't you feel bad getting so excited that someone's business closed? Sheesh!

playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:55pm
post #11 of 18

Don't you feel bad that you're buying it all up, and not leaving anything for the rest of us? icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cakenicing4u Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:03am
post #12 of 18

I feel bad that not everyone can put a bakery together for pennies--I am grateful and blessed to have gotten the deals that I have-- but do I feel bad going to the auctions or announcing it? NO. I'll tell you why when I get home from work tonight!

Cakenicing4u Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:05am
post #13 of 18

I feel bad that not everyone can put a bakery together for pennies--I am grateful and blessed to have gotten the deals that I have-- but do I feel bad going to the auctions or announcing it? NO. I'll tell you why when I get home from work tonight!

playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:12am
post #14 of 18

Brat! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Aw, you know we luv ya!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SugaredUp Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #15 of 18

Not that there is anything wrong with buying at auctions, but I always feel sad when a business is forced to close. I just think of all the hard work they put into it and their dreams, and now it's just gone. I guess we're different in that I couldn't just gloat over it - I would be thankful to have gotten good prices, yes, but not gloating.

Cakenicing4u Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:45am
post #16 of 18

I understand what you're getting at, I do. But it's always one person's loss to another's gain. The last auction I went to (not the one in this thread) was at a Bakery that closed two years ago, after the owners retirement after 60 years. I told a lot of local people about the auction and the success I had and everyone said "It's nice that their stuff will live on in a local bakery." Or some such response. In my eyes, it's better what I'm doing, buying things in order to continue using them... not like the scrap metal guys that just think about the value of steel or iron. It breaks my heart to see a HUGE HUGE HUGE old mixer sell for $5 because it's not worth the metal it took to make it, and it's too heavy for me to consider moving! Even the oven at that bakery sold for $10 becuase it's the size of a room, bigger than my living room! I celebrate my success because If the people selling knew how happy they made me, it would make them happy too! What else could they do with it all? Throw it away? Sell it on Ebay? Auctions are faster, and for many, easier too! I think that deals I have found have been a gift to me, because honestly, without them, I wouldn't be opening a shop in this economy!

SugaredUp Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:28pm
post #17 of 18

Agree w/ you there. I would not buy new, that's for sure! (Well not on everything at least) I see where you're coming from. I guess I didn't understand. It seemed mean spirited at first glance. But good luck with all of your endeavors!

SugaredUp Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm
post #18 of 18

Agree w/ you there. I would not buy new, that's for sure! (Well not on everything at least) I see where you're coming from. I guess I didn't understand. It seemed mean spirited at first glance. But good luck with all of your endeavors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%