Advertising Bang!

Business By muddpuppy Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 5:12pm by momma28

muddpuppy Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all!! I was just wondering where your add dollars go mostly and where do you find them most effective? I'mhaving trouble deciding where to pout my little bit of cash flow... especially now since bridal shows only happen in September and January around here... any suggestions? Greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

9 replies
CakeForte Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 10

Advertising is highly localized, so you have to do your market research to determine the answer to your question. Where are you targeting your product? What advertising venues (magazine, radio, online, etc) reach your market?

I have had a GREAT response with The Knot, while others on here haven't. It's all relative to your target market and location.

lovetofrost Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:16am
post #3 of 10

I haven't done any paid advertising yet. I found a lot of free advertising on the internet such as yellowpages and wedding wire and others. I have a lot of people find me on google and look at my website. In the next few months I am going to do some lettering on my van to help boost business and maybe next year do a bridal show for some more weddings. hope this helps. good luck

lovetofrost Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:17am
post #4 of 10

I haven't done any paid advertising yet. I found a lot of free advertising on the internet such as yellowpages and wedding wire and others. I have a lot of people find me on google and look at my website. In the next few months I am going to do some lettering on my van to help boost business and maybe next year do a bridal show for some more weddings. hope this helps. good luck

lovetofrost Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:18am
post #5 of 10

indydebi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 10

Lettering your van is a great advertiser. One lady followed me into the parking lot to talk to me. Mine cost only $250 for 2 sides and the back PLUS a sige for my (glass) front door. I booked an order from the van advertising that more than paid for this work.

I'm on 21 wedding websites. I pay for The Knot. The Knot has been VERY good to me and I'll never cancel that ad. The first year, I got enough Knot business to pay for the Knot ad for about 7 years.

If you know how or know someone who can do it for you, get your website optimized. omg, you won't believe the traffic difference you'll get and the resulting sales because of it. I paid $1200 to get mine done and it paid for itself in less than a month.

Join your local chamber and let the community know where you are. I was a member of 2 chambers......dropped one of them because they were just not doing anything, but the other one was a great business boost.

Join a BNI chapter. This is my #1 suggestion. One referral from a fellow BNI'er got me $10,000 worth of biz in a 4 month period. Here's your Canada link to find one:
http://www.bni.com/Default.aspx?tabid=332 Tell 'em Debi from Indiana sent ya!

muddpuppy Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:14am
post #7 of 10

Thanks for all the responses! great stuff!!

momma28 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 11:30am
post #8 of 10

Indydebi....in reference to BNI I had a question. How time consuming is it? I was told that you couldnt miss more than 2 meetings or they kicked you out (someone I know used to be involved) Having 6 children that I homeschool and living 40 minutes from the nearest small city where they meet I am not sure I can make that kind of commitment. Just curious.
Thanks

indydebi Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:47pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma28

Indydebi....in reference to BNI I had a question. How time consuming is it? I was told that you couldnt miss more than 2 meetings or they kicked you out (someone I know used to be involved) Having 6 children that I homeschool and living 40 minutes from the nearest small city where they meet I am not sure I can make that kind of commitment. Just curious.
Thanks

When you miss 2, you get a letter that says, "Hey, you missed 2 meetings. Try not to miss any more." But if you can't be there, you just call someone to sub for you (and most chapters have a sub-list of people you can call if you can't make it.) Subs dont' count as "not being there". At least visit with them to see what it's like.

momma28 Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 10

thanks debi icon_smile.gif I think I will give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%