Need Some Ideas...heavenly Wedding Cake

Decorating By jbaker1 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 2:30am by all4cake

jbaker1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbaker1 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 8

I had a bride to be come see me regarding her cake, and I'm a little stuck. The theme of her wedding is 'Heaven Sent' and they are looking for something ethereal, heavenly, etc.........She said she would really like something different from the mainstream, so she is open to unique ideas. Help?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 8

Did you tell her to surf the internet for pix? She needs to give you some guidance.
that could go so many different ways.
My 1st thought was angels.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #3 of 8

I don't know why, but I'm thinking like cloud shaped tiers with a golden cross or angel on top....maybe some flowers of some sort tastefully decorating it too here and there...lilies or something.

jymorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jymorgan Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:58am
post #4 of 8

My first thought was to incorporate white or pale blue cotton candy to make it look "cloud like". That would be different and look cool!

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:00am
post #5 of 8

Tulle comes to mind. Whatever you do with the cake place it on a box a few inches off the table and wrap lots of tulle around to make it look like the cake is setting on a cloud.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #6 of 8

I would definitely get more guidance from the bride. Find out what types of things they are incorporating into the wedding. I'm sure this theme means they are each "heaven sent" to each other, so it might be nice to bring that idea into it? I love the cloud idea, there have been several suggestions on ways to do that - I like the cotton candy one since it's edible and I think you can get it in lots of flavors - you could even carefully sprinkle luster dust in whatever color you wish to make it sparkle a little!

I think I might do petal shaped cakes, or something different instead of round or square - something soft? Maybe small (or varied sizes) hearts incorporated into the clouds creeping gently around and up the cake making their way to the top. Not sure what I would do for the topper - I'd have to think about it. Anyway, these are just ideas, and it would be great to have the bride's input on it.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #7 of 8

ok - I meant "colors" not "flavors" of cotton candy -LOL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:30am
post #8 of 8

strategically placed lighting would lend to the effect

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%