Damask Wedding Cake

Decorating By painterlady Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 1:01am by tracycakes

painterlady Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone made a Damask pattern wedding cake.....is there a template available for the fondant cutouts?....looking for a "flower" pattern.

8 replies
Cakechick123 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 9

there is one in my photos, I got an edible image printed and used that on my cake. I tried to do the cutouts, but it was extremely difficult.

Another option is to use a stencil, I've seen some gorgeous damask cakes where tht was used.

lauritasolorzano Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 9

I've donde the damask pattern that you see on martha stewart, but i',m not sure what flower patter you are looking for. Maybe you can show us a picture.

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 9

I have no patience for stencils. So, I ordered the following last night!

And a couple of the Steven Benison scroll cutters as well, on same site. Look pretty cool!

Kitagrl Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 9

I did a cake with those scroll cutters recently, a copy for a customer off pink cake box....fairly tedious but nice result!

__Jamie__ Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 9

Yeah, patience as in time required, not the issue. Patience as far as getting a stencil not to look like it was stenciled, and messy, that's where I have no patience. Agh!

beachcakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 9

I did a damask using the stencils that dldbrou posted, but i used it for BC.

tracycakes Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 1:01am
post #9 of 9

I also stenciled a cake using the same stencils from Designer Stencils. I used black royal over white fondant. I cut my boards to small so I was having some issue and I was not feeling well but I still found the stencils easy to use. I was so enamoured of stencils that I used a music stencil for the music on my keyboard cake. I LOVED the way it turned out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%