Pull Apart Cupcakes, Projector Asst

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 8:53pm by Parable

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, question HELP...I have a PR cake to make, I will be getting a small Projector for my bday in a few days, If Im doing an image and Im doing it on to place on a cake...How do I make sure that the image Im doing, is not going to be facing the wrong way, once I fill it in? Sorry new to this part of it, I know there has to be an easy answer...do I project it onto the cake? How?? to fill in? Its the small 23.00 one from Hobby Lobby, place on a desk and projects on a wall once you place picture under it. How do I get it onto the cake?

Also on Pull apart cuppies...how do I make this? When i bake them, they come out with a dome, am I cutting off the domes on them? is there another way? Ando how do you know how many cuppies to make for your image?...Im doing PR's
THANKS ALL...my CC School!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 3

whats a pr cake?
Projectors used for cakes are on a stand so that they can project downwards. Somehow you are going to have to get your projector above your cake and hold the picture in place for it to shine on the cake. I would suggest not buying the one your looking at (if you haven;t already) and save a little more to get a kopykake projector. watch for them on ebay and also check on your local craigs list, a friend of mine just sold hers there for $100. How far are you from Dallas?
for cupcakecakes, if the domes are large then yes, trim them off, if they are only little then i ice over them.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 3

As for the cupcakes, just lay a flat cookie sheet on top of the cupcakes as soon as they come out of the oven, while they are still in the pan, and put something with some weight on top of it for a few minutes. Then they will all be flat and level.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%