Need Help With An Important Gift Saying

Lounge By Sox-n-Pats Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 7:21am by JaimeAnn

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 6:58am
post #1 of 2

In August I will be traveling to the Czech Republic for a 65th commemorative memorial service for my great uncle who was shot down there and KIA in 1944. His plane was shot down and he died on the way down. The rest of the crew was taken POW by the Nazis. The town convinced the Germans to let them have a funeral for my uncle (and another crewmember) and they buried them in their town cemetary. when the war ended they notified the Americans so they could be moved to France and eventually to the US. They have since made a memorial at the tree where his plane went down. They hold a memorial every year to remember the sacrifice of others for their freedoms. (I attached pictures) They would even sneak and bring flowers and hold the memorial service under communist rule.

My father and my 2 children are going too.

We are bringing gifts for certain Czech citizens. We've decided on Willow Tree figurines (the second photo)

and we are thinking of having something engraved on the back as a thank you from our entire family.

My problem??

How do you word a thank you for something like that? I'm thinking simple, but elegant but "thank you" just doesn't even come close.

Thanks.
LL
LL

1 reply
JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:21am
post #2 of 2

" Sincerest Gratitude from the Family of _____________"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%