Yikes! Chocolate-Covered Cherry Buttercream?

Decorating By Sarah824 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 2:13am by backermeister

Sarah824 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah824 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:01am
post #1 of 6

A bride requested this flavor of buttercream....I looked for the recipe here and other websites, but to no avail. I would be forever grateful if any of you amazing cake ladies have ideas!

5 replies
cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 6

That sounds divine! I would chop up marischino (sp) cherries and add them to your buttercream, (also add a little juice) then frost the cake as usual. Then I would cover that with chocolate ganache. I've only done it with IMBC on cupcakes but it was delish. (The cherries will make the bc a little bumpy though) If the bumps are going to be undesireable you will have to flavor the bc with only the cherry juice. You might want to make a sample for her first.

cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 6

...one more thought. Maybe you could chop up chocolate covered cherries and add that to your IMBC and just use it as a filling. That sounds good to me to. I'm suggesting IMBC because that bc doesn't seem to break down when you add stuff like that.

Sarah824 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah824 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 6

Thank you!! I was tossing and turning in bed (it's 1:22am here) because I was so worried about finding an idea. Truly--I am grateful you took the time to help me. Now I can finally go to bed and sleep!! icon_smile.gif

cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #5 of 6

...one more thought. Maybe you could chop up chocolate covered cherries and add that to your IMBC and just use it as a filling. That sounds good to me to. I'm suggesting IMBC because that bc doesn't seem to break down when you add stuff like that.

backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #6 of 6

you could also add cherries to chocolate imbc for a true choc cov cherry flavor. also to be a little naughty cherries soaked in kirsch could be used but they tend to be pretty strong icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%