Yikes! Chocolate-Covered Cherry Buttercream?

Decorating By Sarah824 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 2:13am by backermeister

Sarah824 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:01am
post #1 of 6

A bride requested this flavor of buttercream....I looked for the recipe here and other websites, but to no avail. I would be forever grateful if any of you amazing cake ladies have ideas!

5 replies
cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 6

That sounds divine! I would chop up marischino (sp) cherries and add them to your buttercream, (also add a little juice) then frost the cake as usual. Then I would cover that with chocolate ganache. I've only done it with IMBC on cupcakes but it was delish. (The cherries will make the bc a little bumpy though) If the bumps are going to be undesireable you will have to flavor the bc with only the cherry juice. You might want to make a sample for her first.

cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 6

...one more thought. Maybe you could chop up chocolate covered cherries and add that to your IMBC and just use it as a filling. That sounds good to me to. I'm suggesting IMBC because that bc doesn't seem to break down when you add stuff like that.

Sarah824 Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 6

Thank you!! I was tossing and turning in bed (it's 1:22am here) because I was so worried about finding an idea. Truly--I am grateful you took the time to help me. Now I can finally go to bed and sleep!! icon_smile.gif

cocobean Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:23am
post #5 of 6

...one more thought. Maybe you could chop up chocolate covered cherries and add that to your IMBC and just use it as a filling. That sounds good to me to. I'm suggesting IMBC because that bc doesn't seem to break down when you add stuff like that.

backermeister Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 2:13am
post #6 of 6

you could also add cherries to chocolate imbc for a true choc cov cherry flavor. also to be a little naughty cherries soaked in kirsch could be used but they tend to be pretty strong icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%