Color For Stems Of Baby's Breath ???

Decorating By -K8memphis Updated 12 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 9

I thought I was being a rocket scientist and I got a ton of the brown florist tape to make some baby's breath--and it seems all the gypsophila aka baby's breath I've been getting/seeing has brown stems--but I just got some b's b at the store & the stems are beautiful light green--dang dang dang--I have some light green florist tape somewhere.

So do you think brown is good or should I make it green?

My wires are white so I could color those green & tape it with the brown.

All brown?

All green?

Multi color green and brown?

White and brown??

White and green?

Over think much, Kate? Why thank you I think I will. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #2 of 9

Ok--I found some old light green florist tape in a drawer finally, wiped off the random assorted spots of icing and powdered sugar--b's b looks so-o pretty made up!!!

I am using dessicated coconut (chopped up in the food processor) wonder if I should add a little edible glitter??? Think I will.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled message board.

sweetcakes Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 9

i would love to see how your BB comes out, i cant imagine making it.

Deb_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 9

Hey k8 you weren't wrong........dried baby's breath has brown stems.......the fresh stuff has green.

This sounds like a very interesting undertaking.......please post pics when you're finished. I can't wait to see it. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 9

Aww you guys are so sweet...I had tried to get a shot & it just sucked
so I tried again...--came out not as puny as the first...

And here's a pictorial I did using chocolate and edible glitter--but this time I'm using piping gel and coconut so it holds better.

Yeah shoot (about the colors) I don't know what I was thinking I guess I just had never paid attention to fresh baby's breath before. I mean I did notice that it never really hardly died (the stuff with brown stems that I usually get) but duh on me. icon_biggrin.gif

edited to say--btw--that's a booboo rose just to give proportion

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 9

I'm thinking I should prolly dust the white stems with green huh? But I think I'll get green all over everything.. think I'll skip it this time...hmmm...maybe if I brush right before I dip in the piping gel--that will work!

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 9

I have Michele Fosters video and she uses white wire for the babys breath (if I remember correctly -- I haven't watched it in a while.) icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 9

Wow thanks so much for that turorial k8, now I want to make some baby's breath! icon_biggrin.gif They look great.

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:40pm
post #9 of 9

You're welcome, Deb.

Thank you, BWonBuns!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%