Macsmoms Orange Creamsicle Recipe?

Baking By kimkait Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm by margaretb

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 6

Here is the link to the goggle document, that has that recipe. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

5 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 6

It's not the easiest to find. Here is the one that I copied and use.

Orange Dreamsicle - MacsMom

2 boxes white cake mix
2 c melted orange sherbet
2/3 c OJ or diet orange soda "I have used both ... diet & regular Sunkist soda.... and it tastes great!!!")
2 c flour
2 c sugar
3 (6oz) orange creamsicle yogurt
6 eggs
1/4 c oil
1 T orange extract
*Perhaps some food coloring

EatSomeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EatSomeCake Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks kimkait and Peridot!

sugarpiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpiecakes Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 6

thank you for the recipe how much does this yield? I'm in Canada and not sure that we have orange creamsicle yogurt - any thoughts for a subsititute? How does this cake hold up with some 3-d portions? I'm thinking of using it for a "Beer Bucket Cake".
Thanks SO much to all the wonderfully creative cc'ers who continue to inspire and coach newbies like me!
Miranda

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:32am
post #5 of 6

I get two 10 inch rounds with a little left over. It is a VERY moist cake and has a more porous texture. I don't know how it would hold up for a 3-D cake. I think that there might be some better ones for that.

You could use any type of orange flavored yogurt.

You could also PM MacsMom and ask her what she thinks about doing a 3-D cake and what she might suggest as a substitute for the orange yogurt if you can't find it in Canada.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 6

I just made this. I couldn't find any orange yogurt, and I'm pretty sure I have never in my life seen such a thing (like that mythical "cheesecake pudding"), so I just used 2 c sour cream (the 500 g container). Instead of orange extract, I used about 1/2 tsp orange oil. I liked it. Also, I made a 10 inch, 8inch and 6 inch layer and ended up only using the 8 inch layer (it was just for my own family). I had put the other two layers on a rack in another room so the kids wouldn't knock them down, and I forgot them until the next morning. They were still nice and moist -- not crusty at all, so they are wrapped in my freezer for the next time I want some orange cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%