Any one????Please.

Inga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 8

Any one????Please.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 8

It looks like they built up a lot of the facial features with either fondant or modeling chocolate. It looks like they trimmed a cake to size, put down the fondant/mc to build up the brows, nose, mouth etc, and then covered it all in green fondant.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 8

Ditto Bellatheball. I would bake a square, carve not only into the round shape of the face but to allow for depressions in the face, then crumbcoat, then build up with fondant around the "cheeks" or any other high areas (lips, eyes, etc). Then lightly crumbcoat again and cover with a large, green and slightly thicker sheet of fondant (thicker than usual)--the extra thickness will allow you to be able to press down into depressions without the fondant tearing.

It also looks like there's a bit of shading happening on and around his nose, cheekbones, etc. (wherever it looks darker green/brownish) which is giving him even more dimension. You could A) Dry brush with a foodcoloring/extract solution or B) Airbrush (even if it is the Wilton spray cans-- basically the same thing & probably easier).

HTH and don't forget to post a pic!

Inga Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 6:45am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for all your help! I will give it a try next week.And if it works out,I will put a pic in icon_biggrin.gif .

Inga Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 6:48am
post #7 of 8

Thank you for all your help! I will give it a try next week.And if it works out,I will put a pic in icon_biggrin.gif .

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 8

That cake is super cute! I can't wait to see the pic as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%