Help With Cupcake Icing!

Baking By BunnyBiscuit Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 10:35am by mamanof3

BunnyBiscuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BunnyBiscuit Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:18am
post #1 of 3

Hi there! Im kinda new to the world of cake making having started to make birthday cakes for friends and family!

I want to make some cupcakes only I do not like the taste of butter cream. Is there another recipe that can be suggested that has a similar consistancy and can be worked in the same way as butter cream?

Many thanks!! *^_^*

2 replies
mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:32am
post #2 of 3

For my icing I alter the decorator cream cheese icing on this website, essentially I use (about) 1/2 c butter, 1/2c tenderflake (or crisco), 250g cream cheese, 4-6 cup icing sugar (depending on the consistency I need), and anywhere from two tablespoons to 1/4 cup milk or cream (again depending on the consistency I need)---there is a minimal cream cheese flavour to it

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:35am
post #3 of 3

For my icing I alter the decorator cream cheese icing on this website, essentially I use (about) 1/2 c butter, 1/2c tenderflake (or crisco), 250g cream cheese, 4-6 cup icing sugar (depending on the consistency I need), and anywhere from two tablespoons to 1/4 cup milk or cream (again depending on the consistency I need)---there is a minimal cream cheese flavour to it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%