Falling Apart Rice Krispies Y?

Decorating By Mystic Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm by cupcakeco

Mystic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystic Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:13am
post #1 of 8

I'm so frustrated, this is the second weekend working on a big cake, using rice crispes but they in NO WAY cooperating with me. What am I doing wrong, i don't have much time to get it right... the cake is due today and I'm pooped-'bout 5 hours of sleep for the entire week - no kidding.

1. they just not sticking to the structure (pvc)
2 not holding its shape

Thanks in advance I'm desperate.... last minute

7 replies
kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:24am
post #2 of 8

have you tried mixing it with some chocolate clay. i was reading somewhere here on cc , that it makes it hold its shape better. i cant really remember where though. sorry im not much help.

hopefully someone esle knows what to do.

jadex77x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadex77x Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:49am
post #3 of 8

maybe too much butter in the recipe ???

Mystic Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 7:47am
post #4 of 8

Thanks,

I don't use butter, just marshmallows and rice krispes.

could it be im not holding it together long enough or
i have it to low or to high on the pvc- slips and tears.
grrrrrr icon_cry.gif

itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 8

I had this problem too...I made a second batch and let it sit over night..until the marshmellow set...then wrapped my figure with it...I did have some problems after the fondant set ,,,a little cracking...I filled the cracks with royal icing...seemed to work...hope this helps

jadex77x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadex77x Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 8

i usually follow the exact recipe on the krispies box mash, butter & cereal. its soft at first, but hardens as it cools. since u didnt use butter i would think it would make the krispies "tougher" and more solid as it cools the only thing i could think of is.... maybe the batch is too hot as u work with it? or maybe the room u are in is too hot and humid? other than that i dont know what else it could be. hopefully somone else will know.

Mystic Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much, thats probably the problem to warm, im making a third batch and this time i will let it sit then put it to my structure and also put it in the freezer for it to set.

Thanks again thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 8

I crushed them before molding so that the consistency was denser-- no air pockets in & around the krispies which is normally typical-- I found that it helped somewhat with solidity.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%