What's Your Favorite Rolling Pin?

Decorating By sweetsadiecakes Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm by kyhendry

sweetsadiecakes Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #1 of 8

I need a large rolling pin for rolling out fondant. I have the large white Wilton one but I wears me out. I know it seems like a silly thing to ask for suggestions but I think it will make life easier if I can find the right one. Please tell!

7 replies
SouthernSugar Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:04am
post #2 of 8

I have a large 18 inch aluminum pin that I LOVE. It is big enough to roll out large pieces of fondant without leaving all the roll marks in it and I never have a problem with it sticking. I also have a smaller wood one for smaller pieces of fondant and a small lucite pin that I use for gumpaste.

mareg Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 8

Some people have used pvc pipe. I have wanted to use it to see the difference in that and the wilton fondant roller.
Its cheap enough you can try it and if you don't like it no big loss.

HTH

mareg Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 8

Some people have used pvc pipe. I have wanted to use it to see the difference in that and the wilton fondant roller.
Its cheap enough you can try it and if you don't like it no big loss.

HTH

Bellatheball Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 8

I love mine! It's a Silpin rolling pin. It was about $35-40 but it's the best thing I own for cakes. It's heavy so you don't have to put in a ton of effort. It's long so you can roll out large shapes easily. And, nothing sticks to it. Everyone once in a while I need to dust it with corn starch but that's it.

Texas_Rose Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 8

I have a Silpin too...I got mine at Ross for $23. It's great. It's nice and heavy...and it's pink icon_biggrin.gif

I bought the big white Wilton pin recently because I wanted a way to pick up the fondant other than draping it over my arms, and it's great for that, but it is not fun rolling fondant with it.

Cake4ever Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 8

I love my thick wooden German rolling pin. The handles are turned up, so when you roll, it's easy.

kyhendry Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm
post #8 of 8

Mine has to be this huge one I got at Sams Club (online). It's stainless steel and 26.5L (total length) x 3.5" diameter. Best part is the price $16.88. Here's what it looks like... http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=328599

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%